Bed & Bath
Things to do
Where to eat...
12 FAVORITE / GOOD THINGS TO DO AT THE BEACH !
1. Watch 100 yards out for dolphin doing their daily swim by Seagrove Beach.
2. Get more involved and swim with the dolphins. One trip leaves out of the Marriott Bay Point Resort two or three times a day. The kids will love it!
3. Rent a kayak and surf the waves--get your exercise paddling up and down the beach. If you're lucky, chase the dolphins. Butterfly Bike And Sports Rental has it all!
4. Rent a bicycle and bike the 18 miles of trails along 30A or ride the back streets to Seaside. When you get to Seaside, take a break and have a fresh made cinnamon roll or another great tasting pastry at Modica Market.
5. Pick up a local events calendar and go to the free concerts. Seaside offers entertainment from movies to bands in the town square 2 or 3 nights per week. Bring a blanket and a cooler of cold beer or your favorite wine. Fermentations wine store in the main square can take care of your wine needs.
6. Hop in the car and go to "Woody's" folk art gallery (approx. 5 to 10 minutes away) quite an experience. Plus you can visit other fine galleries such as "Newbill" located in the artist colony at Seaside and "Collaborations", located along 30A in Seagrove Beach.
7. Go to the local seafood market "Kingfish" and pick up some shrimp and grouper and BBQ at the house. (My favorite is seared tuna.)
8. Go for a sunset "Bell ringing" on top of "Bud & Alley's" restaurant for cocktails. Be sure to put your guess what time the sun will set on the blackboard, it's worth a free cocktail if you're the winner. Bud & Alley's is located in the center of Seaside.
9. Read a good book in the lounge chairs around the pool.
10. Get out a board game; my choice is the old fashioned game of Parcheesi with a cold beer or a frozen blended drink.
11. Soon we will have a scrapbook located in our house to let you pick out one of the many local restaurants from their displayed menus. You'll be able to pick from 5 star gourmet to family seafood restaurants. For now you can resort to the list on this website. Print it out and take it with you when you go.
12. Come home after a great dinner and put on some soft music, go out on the porch and hold hands with your sweetheart. What to do from there will not be found on this list.
rights reserved. 2000